Saturday: Partly cloudy and windy.
- Low temp: 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- High temp: 84 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wind: South to southwest winds at 15-25 with gusts to 30 mph
Sunday: Becoming mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers/t-storms from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 9 p.m. and continuing into Monday.
- Rain Amounts: 0.25 to 0.50 inches
- Low temp: 63 degrees Fahrenheit
- High temp: 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wind: Southwest at 10-18 mph, becoming west by 10 p.m.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms continuing through 8 a.m., decreasing to a 40 percent chance of lingering showers from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.35 inches
- Low temp: 58 degrees Fahrenheit
- High temp: 73 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wind: North at 10-15 mph
Your Week Ahead: May 18 to May 25
A progressive pattern with warm temperatures over much of the country over the next ten days at least.
Temperature Trends: High temps will average well above normal over the next several days with highs in the 80’s today and tomorrow. Temperatures will average five to ten degrees above normal over the rest of the period with daily lows in the 50’s and 60’s.
Precipitation Trends: Precipitation will average below normal.
Weekend Pattern: A frontal boundary across the Upper Midwest will mostly stay to our northwest with our streak of very warm weather continuing through much of the weekend. Rain chances will be greatest near the Mississippi River on Saturday with scattered t-storms moving into much of the state on Sunday. At this time it looks like the greatest coverage will be late in the day and into the first half of Monday.
Early to Midweek Pattern: The front moves toward Indiana and Ohio with improving weather conditions by Monday night through Thursday afternoon.
Late Week Pattern: The next front moves into the Midwest with possibly some strong t-storms developing by Thursday night and Friday. Rain chances may linger into next weekend as the front slows down near or just to our south.
Severe Weather Outlook: Some storms could become strong by late Sunday night and early Monday, and again late Thursday and into Friday. Some storms could produce dangerous lightning and heavy downpours.