Some days, parenting may feel like a full time job. However, the rewards of seeing your kids grow, learn, and experience life to the fullest makes it worth it. But that doesn’t mean you should stress yourself out every day to make that happen. You deserve some “you” time every once and a while. Being aware of your own health and well being is just as important as monitoring that of your children’s.
It may seem like there aren’t enough hours in the day to dedicate to yourself as you run around from activity to activity. This is why making time should be a priority on your to do list. If weekends work better for you, try scheduling some relaxation time then. The following are some ideas on what you can do to distress from a busy week:
• Try exercising briefly each day. 10 minutes of running is better than no running. This will help you feel less stress and good about your health.
• Quiet your mind and relax the body. Focus on taking care of yourself instead of taking care of other people.
• Read a magazine, meditate, go for a walk, or have some tea and sit by the fire.
• If you have a free half hour, you can unwind a bit more. Curl up with a good book, write a letter to someone you love, take a leisurely shower, or chat with a good friend.
• With an hour of personal time, you could get a massage, take a yoga class, or even go on a nature walk and take photos during your journey.
• A full afternoon that is free will provide an opportunity for doing something that truly relaxes you. Go to a museum, try scrapbooking, or bake some family favorite treats.
Remember, unwinding doesn’t only have to be done alone. You can always rejuvenate with your family too! Try planting in the garden or watching a funny movie with them. At Bassler & Co., we hope these tips help you relax and focus more on what is truly important in life. We understand that you can’t predict each day that comes, but you can always prepare in a way that allows you to give time to those you love and what you love!
Between 4 to 8 Inches of Snow Expected Tuesday…
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something