Customer service has evolved in many ways over the years, and perhaps drastically since the time you opened your company. If you are making adjustments to your business plan, why not consider altering the way you provide customer service? Have you ever thought about using social media to support your loyal, local clients?
Social media has become more and more popular amongst business owners over the years, in particular as a form of marketing. However, it can also be a useful tool for providing customer service. By monitoring your account and keeping your clients updated on the company, you can successfully serve your community in the fashion you have always wanted to. Here are some tips on how to get started:
• Determine your social media presence by managing your amount of activity on your account(s). Your activity should always represent your brand, while avoiding copying others.
• Working in real time may be an adjustment for you because you won’t have very long to respond to a question or concern brought up by a client. Make sure to choose your words carefully and remember, you don’t have to respond to every single comment. But when you do, do so in a professional way.
• As you create accounts, don’t go overboard. Stick to the social outlets you understand the best and can manage properly with close attention. For example, if you want to improve customer service, try Twitter, or if you want to engage your audience, try Facebook.
• Give your staff strict guidelines when using the social media accounts. It is important for them to maintain a professional voice and help customers in the best ways possible.
• If you make a mistake, make sure you learn from the experience instead of giving up. If you feel an employee would be better suited for the job, let them manage the social media outlets.
At Bassler & Co., we understand the importance of customer service to your business. It has become increasingly apparent that social media is playing a large role in this process. This is why following these tips will help you engage your community as well as provide them with the support and services they are looking for. As long as you stay true to your company’s morals and values, you will be successful in using this tool!