The Northbrook Park District is accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame and Sports Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame recognizes volunteers in the community who significantly improved the quality of Park District programs or facilities. The Sports Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments of athletes who are from Northbrook or who have used Northbrook Park District facilities as their primary training location.
The criteria for nomination are as follows:
Hall of Fame
- Nominees must have helped the Park District significantly for at least five years.
- Nominees must have served as role models for the community, especially its youth.
- Nominees cannot have received payment for their service or volunteered only to benefit a family member.
Sports Hall of Fame
- Nominees can be current or former Northbrook residents who reached professional status in sports or gained recognition through amateur sports at the National, International or Olympic level.
- Non-residents who meet that standard are eligible if they trained at a Northbrook Park District facility for at least three years.
Nomination forms are available on the Park District website at nbparks.org and at Registration Offices in the Leisure Center and Northbrook Sports Center.