The park features:
- Completely fenced-in grounds
- Enclosed 2-acre area for all dogs
- Enclosed .5-acre area for small dogs (under 26 pounds)
- Dog wash
- Tables and benches
- Drinking fountain
- Soft walking path
- Parking for 37 cars
- Lost and found box
The park opens at 7:00 a.m. and closes at sunset. Hours of operation may be modified on a seasonal basis. On Mondays and Thursdays, the park opens at 9:30 a.m. after maintenance.
The park may also be closed without notice for special events, weather concerns or maintenance.
To ensure a positive experience for residents and dogs, the dog park will be monitored by Northbrook Park District staff and the Northbrook Police Department.
Requirements to Join
- Northbrook residency (Non-resident membership will be considered in 2014.)
- Village of Northbrook dog license
- Completed Northbrook Dog Park Veterinarian Verification Form
- Completed Northbrook Dog Park Application
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old.
- Fee is $29 for first dog, $15 for additional dog through June 2014
- Yearly fee is $49/$25, starting July 2014
- Membership may be revoked without refund for failure to comply with the rules or for allowing owners and dogs without a membership into the park.
Click here to learn more about the new Northbrook dog park.
Sign up for the Northbrook Patch morning newsletter to get the latest community updates in your email. "Like" us on Facebook to see the top stories in your news feed.