The majority of food you often eat and crave have highly addictive properties.
Some of the foods and substances in these foods are:
- Caffeine - A stimulant drug. Like coffee, soda and energy drinks?
- Cheese - Casein is a protein found in dairy. Opiates are found in casein. As they break down they become one tenth the strength of morphine. Like pizza?
- Wheat - Proteins in wheat contain morphine like substances that create addictive behavior. Like bagels?
- Chocolate - Serotonin releasing mood altering food. Also containing sugar and caffeine. Like ice cream?
- Sugar - Activates opioid receptors in the brain. As addictive as drugs. Like candy?
- Processed Fatty Foods - Similar brain responses between eating fatty processed foods and taking heroin or cocaine. Like fast-food burgers?
- Processed Salty Foods - Cravings for salty foods are often the bodies way of looking for replacing low sodium. Like potato chips?
- Carbohydrates - Eating carbs produces a natural high caused by the release of dopamine in the brain. Like bread?
- MSG - Monosodium Glutamate - A flavor enhancer and neurotoxin. Like Chinese food?
- Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco - The most common, legalized and highly addictive drugs in America. Like?
We have the opportunity to eat a whole food diet and lifestyle. It's really up to you.
Are you addicted to vegetables?