NORTHBROOK, IL. – Oct. 15, 2013 – Both the Village of Northbrook and the Northbrook Chamber of Commerce are seeking comments on a proposal that would establish guidelines for where the growing number of food trucks can park and serve food in Northbrook. The Village Board’s Communications and Legislation Committee will hold a short meeting prior to the Regular Village Board meeting on November 12th at 6:30 p.m. in the Terrace Room on the 2nd floor of the Village Hall to discuss and receive feedback on the potential regulations. Anyone interested may express their thoughts on the proposed guidelines at this meeting or on-line prior Tuesday, November 12 at www.northbrook.il.us/FeedbackFoodTrucks
The new regulations would allow the food trucks to operate between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., seven days a week, and comply with current noise and parking regulations. Parking guidelines would be:
- Allowable parking areas:
- Meadow Road (between Cherry and Walters)
- Sunset Ridge Road (14 stalls along the southern side of the road across from Skokie Blvd)
- Prohibited from parking within 100 feet of a brick and mortar restaurant outside of the downtown
- Private and Public Parking lots only with consent or invitation from the owners
- Food trucks would also be responsible for collecting and disposing of all garbage and recycling within the immediate area of where they operate.
If you have questions or need additional information, please the Northbrook Chamber of Commerce via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the Village of Northbrook through email@example.com.