Light Bulb May Have Caused Recent Fire

No injuries were reported after the fire and the homeowner said he was alerted by a smoke detector.

At approximately 10 a.m. on Aug. 14, the  responded to the 1000 Block of Antique Ln. for a reported house fire. According to a recent update from the Northbrook Star, that fire may have been sparked by a light bulb. 

“The fire is still under investigation, but we believe it was started by an light bulb in a closet that was too close to combustibles,” Northbrook Fire Chief Mark Nolan told the Star.

No injuries were reported and the homeowner stated he was alerted to the fire by an activated smoke detector on the first floor.

According to a memo distributed among Village of Northbrook staff, there was extensive heat and smoke damage throughout the house, resulting in about $175,000 woth of damage.

"Like" Northbrook Patch on Facebook to see future community updates in your news feed. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »