In the aftermath of and the string of last month, will hold a presentation and discussion to help community members deal with grief.
The event, called Tools for Coping, is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. in GBN's Sheely Center. It will feature expert presentations, and cover topics such as:
- The Range of Emotions you and your child may be experiencing
- Warning Signs for Youth in Crisis
- The Grieving Process – Dealing with Loss
- How to Help your Child and Family
- Where to turn – Additional Resources
Following the presentation, participants will have the opportunity to break-out in smaller discussion groups or meet with counseling professionals.
The event was originally scheduled in response to the recent sudden deaths of several high school students and the, but now welcomes those who are grieving after Wednesday’s train derailment.