Friday, August 3, 2012
There's a good chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, when it's also expected to be in the low to mid-90s. It should cool off Sunday.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Isolated t-storms are possible Friday with a much better chance of widespread t-storms by late Saturday and into early Sunday with possibly some severe weather moving through parts of northern Illinois. Temperatures will really heat up on Saturday with highs in the low to mid 90’s, cooling off into the 80’s on Sunday on the other side of the frontal boundary. Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30 percent of isolated showers/t-storms from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m, increasing to a 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms developing around 8 p.m. and continuing through 2 a.m. Sunday. Sunday: Mostly cloudy in the morning, partly cloudy during the afternoon. Monday: Mostly sunny and quiet. Your Week Ahead: August 3 to August 10, 2012 …
Friday, July 27, 2012
Expect a cooler, slightly cloudier weekend with temperatures that should stick between the mid-60s to the mid-80s.
A quiet weekend is in store for our area as high pressure builds in from the northwest. This means a more comfortable airmass with just some high and mid level clouds moving through at times along with a lake breeze. The best chance of rain will stay out across the Plains with increasing chances of t-storms for our area toward early next week with rain moving into northwest and north-central Illinois by Sunday afternoon. Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny and quiet. Sunday: Partly cloudy with skies becoming mostly cloudy by mid to late afternoon. Monday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of a few showers/t-storms from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. and again from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday. Your Week Ahead: July 27 to August 03, 2012 …
Friday, July 20, 2012
Temperatures will be close to 90 with a decent chance of a lake breeze on both Saturday and Sunday.
A quiet weekend is in store for our area as the upper-air flow becomes more tranquil. This means lots of sunshine with temperatures once again close to 90 with a decent chance of a lake breeze on both days. The best chance of rain will be closer to the jet-stream, which will stay well north of our region with just a slim chance of a t-storm near the Illinois/Wisconsin border by Sunday night. Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Mostly clear skies at night. Sunday: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming party sunny in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy skies at night. Monday: Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of a few showers/t-storms from 4 a.m. to 11 a.m. and again from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tuesday. Your Week Ahead: July 20 to July 27, 2012 …
Friday, July 13, 2012
Scattered thunderstorms may hit the North Shore this weekend, though they will probably not be enough to alleviate drought conditions.
Very warm temperatures will stick around this weekend, with isolated to scattered t-storms with many dry hours. So while the weekend will not be a total wash out, any t-storm that does occur has the potential of producing some dangerous lightning and brief downpours. Unfortunately, this will not be enough to alleviate the drought conditions which are so widespread across the area. An isolated shower or t-storm is also possible this afternoon and evening and more moisture comes up from the south. Saturday: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 12 a.m. to 7 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. to 3 a.m. Sunday. Sunday: Partly cloudy with a 25 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday: …
Friday, June 29, 2012
Are you prepared to have holiday festivities indoors?
While it will still be rather hot this weekend, there will be lake breezes along the North Shore providing some relief from the heat for a few days with the highest temperatures expected over the west and southwest suburbs. A frontal boundary will provide just a slight chance of showers/t-storms this weekend with the best chances to our south and away from the lake influence. Overall, the majority of the weekend will remain on the dry side. Saturday: Partly cloudy with a 25 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 4 p.m. to midnight. Rain Amounts late at night: 0.05 to 0.25 inches Low temp: 68 degrees Fahrenheit. High temp: 89 degrees Fahrenheit. Wind: Southeast at 6-13 mph Sunday: Partly cloudy with a 30 …
Friday, June 15, 2012
90 degree forecast indicates this summer weather isn't going anywhere.
Are you used to this summer weather yet? You'd better be, because it's not going away. Similar to last weekend, it's going to be hot this weekend as temperatures once again head toward 90 with increasing amounts of humidity. Rain chances will be remote and we are currently under a drought across much of the Chicago area. Drought conditions will most likely be with us through much of the summer season. Saturday: Partly cloudy in the morning, partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon. Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. Monday. Monday: Partly sunny, windy and hot with a 25 percent chance of an isolated shower or t-storm from 4 a.m. to 9 a.…
Friday, June 8, 2012
It'll feel more like summer this weekend, with plenty of sunshine and temps rising to 90 degrees.
Get ready for more like summer this weekend, with very warm temperatures expected. Any rain will likely stay north across Wisconsin. The warmest day will be on Sunday with generous amounts of sunshine and temps closing in on 90, with increasing levels of humidity. Saturday: Partly sunny and warm. Sunday: Partly sunny, very warm and more humid. Monday: Increasing clouds and becoming windy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers/t-storms from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 10 p.m. and continuing into Tuesday. Your Week Ahead: June 08 to June 15, 2012 Temperature Trends: Temperatures will average a few degrees above normal. Precipitation Trends: Precipitation will average below normal.
Friday, May 25, 2012
Hot and humid weather will dominate much of the holiday weekend with the best chance of rain Friday night and early Saturday, and again on Memorial Day itself. The best days for that outdoor barbecue will be midday Saturday or Sunday with no rain expected
Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning with a 40 percent chance of showers/t-storms from 12 a.m. through 9 a.m. It will become partly sunny and breezy during the afternoon with a 25 percent chance of an isolated shower or t-storm from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.40 inches Low temp: 60 degrees Fahrenheit High temp: 83 degrees Fahrenheit Wind: Southeast at 10-20 with gusts to 25 mph Sunday: Partly sunny, windy and hot. Low temp: 65 degrees Fahrenheit High temp: 91 degrees Fahrenheit Wind: Southwest at 15-25 with gusts to 30 mph Memorial Day: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers/t-storms from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 9 …
Friday, May 18, 2012
A warm and summer-like weekend is in store for the area with the best chance of rain staying to the west on Saturday. As a front edges closer, rain chances will begin to increase toward the end of the weekend and into Monday.
Saturday: Partly cloudy and windy. Sunday: Becoming mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers/t-storms from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 9 p.m. and continuing into Monday. Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms continuing through 8 a.m., decreasing to a 40 percent chance of lingering showers from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Your Week Ahead: May 18 to May 25 A progressive pattern with warm temperatures over much of the country over the next ten days at least. Temperature Trends: High temps will average well above normal over the next several days with highs in the 80’s today and tomorrow. Temperatures will average five to ten degrees above normal over …
Friday, May 11, 2012
Always had a hunch for the weather and think you can feel it in your bones? Then check your stats with the North Shore's own meteorologist.
A decent Mother's Day weekend is expected with just a small chance of a shower or t-storm on Saturday and the best chance of rain pushing south of the area on Sunday. Sunday will be a good day to treat your mom to a movie, an outdoor party or barbeque, or perhaps a lovely stroll at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Saturday: Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. 25 percent chance of a few showers from 7 p.m. and continuing through 5 a.m. Sunday. Rain Amounts: 0.05 to 0.30 inches Low temp: 52 degrees Fahrenheit High temp: 70 degrees Fahrenheit Wind: West at 5-13 mph, shifting north by 12 p.m. Sunday: Variable clouds in the morning, then partly sunny during the afternoon…